Monday, April 12, 2010

... Creating

 I know that it's been an absolute age since I last blogged. Being pregnant has consumed so much of my energy (literally) but at least I have still made time to be creative!

So here are my latest projects. As you can see they are for Grace's room. Little things that I knew I wanted to make for her and refused to buy =).

A Bird Mobile





I wish that I could say that I came up with the pattern all on my own, but I can't. I had the idea and tried to make one from how I thought it should be, but then found this one at Quill Cottage and just had to use it!!

Granny Squares Blanket
This project took me forever but it was fun to do. I used 100% pure bamboo wool which is heavy and soft. I considered making it bigger so that I could use it for myself, but too much love and time went into it. I am sure that Grace will love it.

 
'Doughnut'
It still confuses me why they have named these 'doughnuts'. They are not round and do not have a hole in the middle! The purpose of this is so that Grace can play on the floor and not roll off the edges or fall over if she is sitting in it. It's really like a thick blanket with stuffed edges. I've seen them being used by other mom's and they really seem to work... so here goes...


1 comment: